How To Block Someone On Whatsapp Without Them Knowing
Blocking someone on WhatsApp is simple, but the person who has been blocked will not be alerted. However, there are hints. In the chat box, users will no longer be able to see a contact’s last seen or online status. Users of WhatsApp will not be able to notice changes to a contact’s profile photo.
Different ways to block someone on WhatsApp
You can ban a contact’s phone on WhatsApp using one of three methods: your WhatsApp chat, WhatsApp Settings, or a message.
Without leaving your WhatsApp chats tab, you may instantly block a WhatsApp contact. follow the steps below:
- From your phone, go to WhatsApp and look at each individual chat.
- Once you’re there, you should be able to see all of the conversations you’ve had with that person. Instead of tapping the discussion, tap the contact’s profile image.
- A new pop-up window will appear with the following options.
- On the right-hand side of the menu, tap the additional information icon. This should be a circle with an i inside of it.
- WhatsApp should take you to that WhatsApp contact’s profile options.
- Scroll down to the Block Contact page to prohibit them from contacting your WhatsApp account.
- A confirmation window will show once you tap the Block Contact button.
After you confirm Block, that blocked contact will no longer be able to send you messages.
You won’t have to visit each conversation to block certain contacts if you use this strategy. As a result, you can effortlessly ban many WhatsApp contacts at the same time.
You can also use this feature to block contacts who do not yet have an account.
- From your home screen, go to WhatsApp and open it.
- Tap the three buttons in the top right corner of the interface to navigate to Settings from the WhatsApp home screen.
- A drop-down window will appear, displaying the following options. Select Settings from the list of options.
- On the Settings menu, this window will be visible.. From this menu, select Account and then Privacy.
- The privacy window displays all of the choices for modifying and protecting your WhatsApp privacy.
- The Blocked Contacts tab can be found by scrolling down. To open, simply tap the screen.
- You should now be able to see any blocked contacts on WhatsApp. Of course, this list will be empty if you haven’t yet blocked someone.
- Tap to Add Contact icon in the top right corner of your screen to add a new blocked contact.
- You’ll then get a list of all of your phone’s contacts.
Any of these contacts can be blocked from contacting you right away by tapping on them.
From a Message
Blocking someone on WhatsApp is simple, even if you haven’t stored their phone number in your contacts list.
This section will cover how to block someone on WhatsApp without them noticing it based on the texts they send you.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and check for a message from an unknown number that isn’t in your WhatsApp contacts list.
- Open the message you received from an unknown number.
- You should be able to Block or Add the user from your WhatsApp contact list from the main chat window. To stop them from sending you more messages, tap Block. Tap the three-button icon in the top right corner if you prefer.
- Tap More from the drop-down option that appears.
- This will reveal other options, including Block. To stop the sender from contacting you, tap Block.
Block from Android device
Open WhatsApp on your Android device and select Settings from the utility menu at the top right of the screen
- Tap account
- Tap privacy, scroll down, and tap blocked contacts
- Tap the add contact option in the upper right corner of the screen (this will allow you to select a contact to block)
- Scroll down your list of contacts and select the person you want to block, and that’s all there is to it.
There is another approach for blocking WhatsApp contacts that is much easier than the first. Follow these instructions to use this approach.
- Open WhatsApp
- Then, in the top right, touch on the utility button
- Tap on more and select Block.
- A brief message will appear; touch OK.
Block from iphone
By banning people, WhatsApp makes it simple to prevent them from bothering you with unsolicited texts and calls. The procedures to block someone in WhatsApp on iPhone are shown below.
Depending on if you have a recent WhatsApp Message from the person you want to ban, the steps to block them in WhatsApp differ slightly.
If you have a recent Message or Call, you can block this individual straight away in WhatsApp on your iPhone’s Chats or Calls screen.
If you have erased all WhatsApp Messages from the person you wish to ban, you will need to go to WhatsApp Settings to block them.
Below are two different ways to block someone in WhatsApp, you can use whichever approach works best for you.
As previously stated, the simplest way to block someone in WhatsApp on an iPhone is through the Chats screen.
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp and go to the Chats tab.
- Tap the Chat of the person you wish to block on the Chats screen.
- On the following screen, tap the person’s name or phone number.
- Scroll down to the Block Contact option on the Contact Info screen.
If you’ve removed all WhatsApp messages from the person you want to block and don’t want to receive any more, this method is for you.
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp and go to the Settings option in the bottom menu.
- Tap the Account option on the Settings screen.
- Tap Privacy on the Account screen.
- Tap Blocked on the Privacy screen, then Add New on the next screen.
- Tap the Contact you want to block on the following screen.
You may now manage whoever is on your blocked list more quickly and protect your privacy from undesired WhatsApp users.